Eric S. Raymond on 29 Mar 2018 21:30:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Seeking a ride to SELF

Will <staticphantom@gmail.com>:
> No. There are many reasons not to rent a van. Mostly due to the dispersal
> of plug members from neighboring Jersey all the way to Lancaster and
> evening Maryland. The biggest question for people is availability last
> minute and who is doing what.

I'm in Malvern. A van routed from Philly west on 30 could get me with only a
few minutes' diversion.  There's not enough of Lancaster for a pickup to take
more time than that.

So: Anybody who can make a rendezvous in metro Philly by walking or
public transit, plus me, plus Lancaster. Wouldn't cover everybody but
I'm pretty sure that'd be enough to be viable for one van.

And Malvern doesn't have to be a constraint.  My wife could drop me off
at any reasonable rendevous point.