bergman on 10 Apr 2018 16:19:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Topic for tonight at PLUG North -- The Shoddy Script Shootout!

In the message dated: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:31:55 -0400,
The pithy ruminations from Walt Mankowski on
[[PLUG] Topic for tonight at PLUG North -- The Shoddy Script Shootout!] were:
=> At FOSSCON last August Jonathan Simpson gave a great lightning talk
=> called "Why You Should Publish Your Crappy Script" [1]. Last Thursday,
=> a talk, I suggested
=>
=>   We could compare and contrast our crappy scripts.
=>

Sounds like fun.

Here's some of what I was doing today:

	https://github.com/rmsppu/Random/blob/master/ipcs_report

Keywords that inspired today's script:  OMSA, nrpe, semaphores

That script is crappy because it's utterly lacking in usage documentation,
versioning, it uses temp files with hard-coded formats, and it's an ugly
mix of several text-processing utilities...Someday, In My Copious Free
Time, it should be re-written in perl.

Mark

--
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, SCUBA Diver, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1 Stagehand
'94 Yamaha GTS1000A^1					      2015 Aprilia Caponord

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman