Charlie Li on 15 May 2018 10:11:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly camera system

On 15/05/2018 13:08, Morgan Jones wrote:
> Does anyone run a camera system that is linux/unix friendly?

Raspberry Pi camera module. Tailor-made.
> Ideally I’d like it to be completely wireless and dump data to a NAS though I could make PoE work.  I have a robust wireless network that should handle a few cameras pretty easily.
>
> Years ago I had Panasonic cameras that could be configured to dump still images to an ftp server when they sensed motion.  That would be fine though it wouldn’t be bad to have proper DVR software.  It need not be open source but I’d prefer to not be tied to a specific DVR vendor.

I know Keith uses his Pi/camera setup as an always-on surveillance
system; I'll let him explain more if he chooses.

--
Charlie "REEEEEEEactions" Li

with vishwin for off-list communication)