Chris Thistlethwaite on 24 May 2018 10:09:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Richard Freeman's talk "User Friendly Home Automation: Implementing OpenHAB" presented 2018-05-21 @ PLUG West

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out and make the drive. I use Home Assistant and yes, it's all config/yaml based and uses Python instead of Java. My setup is pretty much the other end of the product spectrum, Home Assistant, zwave, and some wifi devices. On that note, every home automation system sucks, you just need to find the one that sucks the least in area that's most important to you.

-CT

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 12:54 PM Chris Thistlethwaite <
chris@thistlethwaite.net> wrote:

> Thanks for posting, I'm pissed that I didn't make it this month, would've
loved to discuss HA in person.

I'm sure I'll be repeating this at North - I just need to get that
scheduled.

Andy posted in IRC a link to another similar FOSS solution:
https://www.home-assistant.io/

That one looks to be much more configuration driven.  I haven't gotten a
chance to do a comparison to see if it would meet all my needs.  However,
it seems like it would involve a lot less code if it did.

--
Rich

-Chris