Alexander Kohr on 27 Jul 2018 14:36:34 -0700

[PLUG] Local Junior Linux admin position, at a company that seems pretty good.

FYI.

My company has been a customer of the following company for almost 3 years, and they seem like a good group of people to work with and seem to be expanding their customer base in a sustainable manner, so I thought I would pass this along to the PLUG group.

Data Science in Technology (DST,) that manages our High performance Cluster has signed a contract with a new client in  the Collegeville PA zip code  to management a compute cluster. They are looking  to hire a Full time Junior Linux admin (paying in the $55k-$77k range),  with 2-3 years’ experience, to work full time on the clients premises maintaining a non-remotely accessible compute cluster.  They are looking for general Unix/Linux admin and not requiring any experience managing a computer cluster management, you can learn that on the job/at training.  When they were seeing if I knew anyone specific they were asking about linux admins and never even mentioned a windows component to the job so it’s a much more minor component to the job.

If you do apply let me know via a private email (not always the best at looking at my plug folder.) I will give them a heads up that you are a member of the Plug group to make sure your resume gets eyes in case you somehow are weeded out by automated job matching algorithms.

Actual Job posting is at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Data-in-Science-Technologies/jobs/Junior-Unix-5e593c43640406e0?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvaC-pmKkMO6gs4gREY8fpOHL9E7c8Cf-i5axbP0frus8bUtUwgdRHXK6h8N49Qt2mA&tk=1cisivio1a2gtfev&vjs=3

­­­­­­­­­­­

Alexander Kohr

Unix Systems Administrator

Fox Chase Cancer Center