Greg Helledy on 1 Aug 2018 16:20:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] System suspend every 15 seconds on old laptop

If the issue is a bug in newer kernels, CentOS may be a good distro to try
next.

Regards
– Bhaskar

Thank you. I decided to try to find a still-supported distro with an older kernel. From Lubuntu 18.04, I first tried Lubuntu 16.04, which had the same issue. I tried CentOS 7 (AltArch i386 release), and the installer itself went to sleep. This seemed really strange because it uses an older 3.x kernel. How could all these different distros have the same issue?

After more time searching, I discovered that it is not a kernel bug but a systemd bug:

A better option is to disable suspend ability in lubuntu with setting HandleSuspendKey and HandleLidSwitch to ignore in /etc/systemd/logind.conf.

Notice, You have to delete the # symbol at the beginning of the line.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/705718/lubuntu-keeps-suspend-system-while-installing

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated