brent timothy saner on 12 Aug 2018 09:27:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Virtualization clusters & shared storage

On 8/12/18 12:25 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:10 PM JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
>>
>> I 'm interested in a comparison as well.  The best I found was
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/5uulqm/best_distributed_file_system_glusterfs_vs_ceph_vs/
>> which is, well...typical Reddit...
>>

> Yeah, I'd read that.  It isn't terrible, but it is mostly people
> chiming in with their experiences with one or two of the dozen options
> surveyed, but nothing that went across the board on any of them.
>
> In particular LizardFS does not seem to be a popular option and only
> rarely gets compared.  You see LustreFS come up because it is popular
> in HPC, but I've heard that it is complex.
>
> I don't see a lot of Apples to Apples comparisions.  I'm not even
> talking benchmarks/etc.  I'd just like to know how they differ in
> general.

can't offer a comparison for lizardfs, but worth noting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_distributed_file_systems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems#Distributed_parallel_fault-tolerant_file_systems