Lee H. Marzke on 28 Aug 2018 17:31:05 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Presenter / "Air" mouse recommendations

Keith, I found these:

Review of Logitech remote presenter on Linux
https://www.shallowsky.com/linux/remote-presenter.html

Andriod app - appears to have Linux  (mono) support:
http://www.remotemouse.net/

Lee

From: "Keith C. Perry" <kperry@daotechnologies.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 28 August, 2018 18:51:36
Subject: [PLUG] Presenter / "Air" mouse recommendations
I was looking at the Logitech Spotlight presenter / air mouse combo and while I expected it to not have the full functionality (which I don't care about), I was curious if anyone had any experience with the slide control and air mouse functions.

https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/article/Supported-operating-systems-for-the-Logitech-Spotlight-Presenter

I'm not completely sold on this unit but after my bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo died from apparently me just being plugged in the night before FOSSCON, I'm done with these cheap unknown vendor garbage devices t(his was the second one to die for no apparent reason).  This spotlight is more money than I want to spend but the mouse ability would be a good if it works under Linux.

I'm still leaning towards an R800 since it is plug and play, has a green laser pointer and count timer.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/professional-presenter-r800

Any feedback is welcome, even on alternatives.  I looked at some other things but Logitech is a brand I trust in this space so for brevity I didn't mention anything else.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

"Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion..."  - Kryptos

Lee Marzke,  lee@marzke.net     http://marzke.net/lee/
IT Consultant, VMware, VCenter, SAN storage, infrastructure, SW CM
+1 800-393-5217  voice/text
+1 484-348-2230  fax