Casey Bralla on 31 Aug 2018 14:12:09 -0700

[PLUG] LInux on Chromebook

As my "free" gift for switching to FiOS, I got a fairly nice Samsung
Chromebook with an Intel Celeron processor.  Naturally, I want to
immediately dump ChromeOS and install some flavor of Linux (probably
Debian).

There's a google-supplied app called "crouton" that lets you run both,
but I'm not really to thrilled with that idea.

I'm thinking of trying the JohnLewis.ie hack to load coreboot.

Has anybody done this?

Any advice for the hacker?

TIA!