Monty on 2 Sep 2018 09:34:05 -0700

[PLUG] LInux on Chromebook

I use GalliumOS. On freenode it’s #galliumos. https://galliumos.org/ https://reddit.com/r/GalliumOS.
It’s actively supported and it works great on my Acer C720 4GB mem.
I run i3-gaps on it and it’s fast. The only mod I did was to replace the LCD with an LG PHILIPS LP116WH7(SP)(B1) LCD LAPTOP LP116WH7-SPB1.
It cost $30 and its 100X better than what it came with. The best thing about a chromebook is that when you travel and your system gets lost
or stolen it’s not like losing a macbook pro. It’s basically a $100 laptop which runs linux great.