JP Vossen on 5 Sep 2018 16:16:24 -0700

[PLUG] usenix book reviews

I may have mentioned this before, but everyone on this list should consider setting a quarterly reminder to visit http://www.usenix.org/publications/login/books.html, find the current ;login: and read the book reviews for free.

For example: https://www.usenix.org/system/files/login/articles/login_fall18_15_books.pdf

I mention this not only because they are great, but because the current one answers a question we recently saw about admin handbooks. Spoiler alert:
	UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook, 5th Ed.
	Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, Trent R. Hein, Ben Whaley, and Dan Mackin
	Pearson Education, 2018, 1180 pages

But go read the ;login: reviews for yourself, I nearly always find something I want in them.

Later,
JP