Keith C. Perry on 27 Nov 2018 16:13:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: MontCo Dispatch system web & RSS

That's pretty slick.

Since you mentioned hams though...

I've been practicing my HF mobile work.  The bands have been a bit challenging the last couple of days.  I worked a more local station 205 miles west of Philly on 80m last night and we all agreed the band was doing some very very weird things.

I've been enjoying the challenge of listening for and getting better at working those stations buried a bit further down in the noise.  Never know when such a skill will be needed due to a more series event when all the "slick" services are down.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "JP Vossen" <jp@jpsdomain.org>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:19:18 PM
Subject: [PLUG] OT: MontCo Dispatch system web & RSS

OT for PLUG, but semi-related to Ham and scanner activities.  I just
found out about this:

https://www.montcopa.org/834/Active-Incidents
----quote----
Incident Status

The following active incidents are dispatched from the Emergency
Operations Center in Eagleville.
The contents are updated at four minute intervals from the CAD (Computer
Aided Dispatch) system.

Fire Incidents
Incident No.	Incident Type	Incident Location	Municipality	Dispatch Time
Station

EMS Incidents
Incident No.	Incident Type	Incident Location	Municipality	Dispatch Time
Station

Traffic Incidents
Incident No.	Incident Type	Incident
Sub Type	Incident Location	Municipality	Dispatch Time

Total Fire..3   Total EMS..10   Total Traffic..5
Mobile Text View
Click for Print Friendly Listing   View Active Incidents Map
EMS and Fire Radio Live Feed hosted by www.scanamerica.us
511PA.com Traffic Map (select region from drop-down and check cameras
from map legend)
511PA.com Travel Info
PennDOT Active Traffic Web Cam List  - District 6
Department of Public Safety Home Page
Comments, Suggestions, and Updates to eoccomm@montcopa.org
Current Amber Alerts/Missing and Exploited Children
----quote----

RSS: https://webapp02.montcopa.org/eoc/cadinfo/livecadrss.asp

Later,
JP