brent timothy saner on 7 Dec 2018 09:16:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] How to Store Video Files for 25 Years?

On 12/7/18 11:57 AM, Eric H. Johnson wrote:
> Casey,
>
> This is a topic that comes up all the time among people doing genealogy. We had a presentation to the Genealogy club at the Swedish Museum (ASHM) in Philly. The quick summary is that there is no perfect solution, but "paper" has the advantage that it takes nothing to interpret it. This refers to records as well as multimedia. Video is of course the hardest since it cannot be committed to paper. I am not proposing any solution above what has already been suggested, only you might want to check in with groups like those for genealogy to see what they are doing.
>
> Regards,
> Eric

just a minor correction: you can, in fact, store video to paper FWIW.

http://ollydbg.de/Paperbak/

(alternatively, you can pipe a tar.xz to base64 and print that out.
wonder if it's as good of a compression ratio of the above... make sure
you use a monospaced font at a high DPI so it's easily OCR'd.)