Greg Helledy on 26 May 2019 10:59:13 -0700

[PLUG] Anyone else seeing a surge of SSH attempts from US IPs?

In the past, our servers would get maybe one SSH password attempt a week, usually from China or another far-off corner of the internet. We automatically block these after a few tries.

Lately (over the past several weeks), I am seeing more and more attempts, and they're coming from US IP addresses. I've shut off SSH for now but am surprised. Is anyone else seeing this, or did we get on a list somewhere?

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated