Walt Mankowski on 14 Jun 2019 07:40:10 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Mon June 17 - PLUG West - "ZFS Boot Environments" by Charlie Li (7pm at ATS)

The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group (PLUG) cordially invites you
to a PLUG West meeting on Monday, June 17 at ATS in Malvern, PA from
7-9 pm.

This month, PLUG West welcomes Charlie Li, who will be giving a talk
entitled "ZFS Boot Environments".

  It's a feature from Solaris and Illumos that has only recently made
  its way to other Unix-like systems like FreeBSD (which we will demo
  this on). Building on top of ZFS's snapshot and clone features, this
  feature allows one to safely update a system whilst gaining the
  ability to roll back to a last known good state.

Interested in Linux, BSD, and Free Software? Whether you're
already an enthusiast or want to learn more, come and join us!
PLUG meetings are free and open to everyone, and anyone who is
curious is invited to attend.

The meeting will be at the ATS office in Malvern, PA:

  ATS Group & IBM Innovation Center
  1200 Atwater Drive, Suite 170
  Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355

For driving directions, please visit

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/ats.html

For more information about PLUG, please visit our website at

  http://www.phillylinux.org