Rich Mingin (PLUG) via plug on 2 Sep 2019 23:05:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Restic backup & TimeShift

Mint 17 is pretty ancient, and all support for it ended back in April. Considering Timeshift was launched with Mint 19, the current LTS, I'm not all that surprised that it doesn't work right on 17.

Might want to give it another shot on a more up to date install, but you should update that box regardless. You haven't been getting any security updates for four months, since April 25.

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=289281