JP Vossen via plug on 11 Sep 2019 10:26:26 -0700

[PLUG] Possible presos

If there is any interest I could write one or all of these for North and/or West. Not sure about ETA though.

1. Redmine (is awesome; and I'd mostly do interactive demos)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redmine
"Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. It allows users to manage multiple projects and associated subprojects. It features per project wikis and forums, time tracking, and flexible, role-based access control. It includes a calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. Redmine integrates with various version control systems and includes a repository browser and diff viewer."

IMHO the Redmine UI is a million times better than Jira & Confluence. Redmine is also a million times cheaper and easier to build and maintain.

2. Elastic Stack (is cheaper than Splunk, but has lots more moving parts and is trickier, and it's Java)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastic_stack
Search (Lucene) + Web GUI (Kibana) + Agent/pre-parsers (Logstash & "Beats")

See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graylog which is Elastic Search (but not Kibana) under the covers.

Keith, _Learning Elastic Stack 6.0_ is quite good. I normally do *not* like Packt books, but I'll make an exception for this one.

3. I guess I could do one on Graylog, now that I think about it. It's cheaper than Splunk but less of a PITA than Elastic. It's still Java though. Needs more thought, maybe there's a combo ES/Graylog...

My preference is Redmine, I *really* like it.  But...
JP