Walt Mankowski via plug-announce via plug on 7 Oct 2019 17:34:09 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Oct 8 - PLUG North - "Where's my Notepad? Transitioning to Desktop Linux" by Walt Mankowski (7pm at CoreDial)

PLUG North will be meeting on Tuesday, October 8 at
CoreDial's offices in Blue Bell, beginning at 6:30 pm. Directions
to the meeting location can be found at the end of this email.

This month, PLUG welcomes back Walt Mankowski, who will be giving a
talk entitled "Where's my Notepad? Transitioning to Desktop Linux".

  I recently started a new job and my desktop is running Ubuntu. I've
  been using Linux for over 20 years, but this is the first time my
  work machine is running Linux. It's been about a week now and while
  it's mostly great, there are a few things I'm missing. I'd like to
  lead an informal discussion on finding open source apps to replace
  things I've grown accustomed to on macOS and Windows.

  Is 2019 the Year of Linux On the Desktop?

At 6:30, prior to the main meeting, we'll assemble in CoreDial's
game room for shuffleboard, pool, and conversation

The meeting will take place from 6:30-9pm (6:30-7 games and
conversation, 7-8 General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial's
office space in Blue Bell, PA.

CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)
  751 Arbor Way
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html