Walt Mankowski via plug on 17 Mar 2020 14:25:17 -0700

[PLUG] COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19)

Hi everyone,

I haven't had a chance to contact anyone or update the website yet,
but I think it will come as no surprise that we're unlikely to have
another in-person PLUG meeting for the foreseeable future.

If anyone's looking for a project to work on while you're stuck at
home, and you want to do something in the fight against COVID-19, you
might want to take a look at the COVID-19 Open Research Dataset. In a
nutshell they've compiled a free resource of over 29,000 scholarly
articles on the disease. They're looking for help in writing tools to
help researchers in mining all the data contained in them. I just
learned about this from my boss at Penn Med and wanted to get the word
out about it.

If you're interested, this White House press release gives a good
overview of the project and contains links to the project home page.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/call-action-tech-community-new-machine-readable-covid-19-dataset

Walt