Rich Kulawiec via plug on 20 Mar 2020 04:53:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] COVID-19 Philadelphia

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:49:07PM -0400, Kevin McAllister via plug wrote:
> My wife passed a very similar message to me with many of the exact
> same phrases in it this evening from a different source. I think some
> people are enjoying preying on the anxieties of the times.

That seems very likely in this case.  I'd be curious to know when
the sending address signed up for this mailing list, because there
doesn't seem to be any other traffic from it in the last decade.

And it's not just "enjoying", this is an excellent opportunity for
adversaries to engage in disinformation campaigns and there is
already quite a bit of evidence demonstrating that they're doing
exactly that.  Similarly, this is an excellent time for attacks
against infrastructure, and reports on NANOG and elsewhere demonstrate
that it's happening too.

---rsk