Michael Cahill via plug on 12 May 2020 08:40:05 -0700

Re: [PLUG] best?

Also, they mistake the straight up WMs and DEs for their respective ecosystem. A base install of KDE Plasma 5.18 without the extra "applications" package is pretty trim on resources and still extremely functional. My Manjaro setup with plasma 5.18.5 around 800mb ram as the base DE. Hardly the memory hog it's portrayed in the article. A full-blown DE like KDE, Mate, XFCE, etc will definitely use more memory than simple window managers.

The article is kinda comparing lemons (WMs) to lemonade (DEs).