Steve Litt via plug on 23 May 2020 01:45:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] One app, one directory, no install/uninstall...

On Wed, 20 May 2020 13:36:11 -0400
brent timothy saner via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> I'm of the strong opinion that one oughtn't try to make Linux like
> Windows

:s/Windows/MS-DOS/

For its time, DOS had a lot of good features, and one-tree apps was one
of them. I'm not saying I'd want Gnumeric to be a one tree app, but
something written in Python with standard libraries, yeah, that works
well with a one tree app.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist