Chad Waters via plug on 13 Jun 2020 15:10:55 -0700

[PLUG] Ubiquiti home setups

Can someone share with me their Ubiquiti network layout (off list if preferred)? I am looking for a 2-3 AP layout, but I'm not sure what other hardware of theirs I would need. Any build out on the web seems to be everything.

I have POE switch. Does their switch offer any added functionality?
I have firewall (it can do layer 3 filtering, but I let UTM licensing lapse). If their firewall does more application layer filtering (thinking parental controls as my kids get older) without expensive licensing, that is a maybe.

If the controller is onsite, are the APs doing something like CAPWAP to it? Is it really feasible to have this on a PI like blogs that I see? Is there VLAN tagging? Can I have a guest network SSID that is dumped into its own VLAN?

Thanks