Ronald P Guilmet via plug on 16 Jun 2020 15:59:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Inexpensive laptop

Here is my two cents. I've had Dells for years, and it is hit or miss. My current inspiron has a proprietary charging system. This system took a shit on me, so I can no longer charge the battery. I wasted money on a new battery and charger. I personally will never buy another Dell. I have heard that Lenovo works well. In fact I have an older Lenovo that has never given up on me. I don't know if 4G of ram is enough to do much with, but you said you are just surfing the web. I have a dual boot Lenovo with 4G of ram, and it is very very slow. It is literally only good to surf the web. I really can't even use Libre Office.

I have a Dell that was dropped into my lap from a friend. It is a Vista laptop. It has no power cord, so I never have started it. I no idea what resources it has. Given that it's a decade old, I'd imagine not much. If you want it, it is yours. I'm not going to bother with it. Let me know.

Ron