Keith C. Perry via plug on 20 Jun 2020 10:28:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Micro PC-Mini

+1 on this...

Stand for 6 hours building a rack or on the floor pushing configures to routers and you'll definitely get an appreciation for have a full featured 13" laptop with the dongle assortment.  As much as I love my 14"  Chromebook (that I can dual boot into Linux), the computer I carry with me is my ASUS 13".  There are plenty of times where I have had to run VMs to assist in my work or take advantage of a medium to heavy resource portable system.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Chad Waters via plug" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
To: "jeff" <jeffv@op.net>
Cc: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2020 9:38:14 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Micro PC-Mini

As someone spent a lot of time in data centers and cramped hospital network closets, I would prefer a small lightweight (13in) but fully functional laptop over this.

If I was making planned changes on a command line (say Cisco, or any # of firewall vendors) I would usually have the commands scripted out in a text file to copy and paste. I would like the screen real estate to have both open side by side.

For a while I complained about how serial ports went away, but USB-Serial adapters are easy to come by now (I probably have a handful lying around). I actually carry around a small bag with various cables, adapters, and live boot USBs (kali, etc).

And most importantly: this company hates left handed people.