JP Vossen via plug on 28 Jun 2020 12:35:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fixing /boot/ too small

On 6/28/20 3:21 PM, Keith C. Perry via plug wrote:
Awesome JP !!

I could have sworn I mentioned that you had to do grub install to both mirror disks for true protection.  That has to be done even when you just use LVM to do your RAID 1.

You probably did and I probably *assumed* that `grub-update` would take care of it. Any clue why it does not? I mean, once you install GRUB it's installed, right? So why do I need to reinstall it when I make a config change? OK, it's a significant change, perhaps even a fundamental one...but it's still a config change. And I never touched the start of /dev/sda or sdb.

And it's not like the old /boot/ was not on mdadm too, it was. It's just that now /boot/ is on root on /dev/md1 instead of just being /boot/ on /dev/md0. Clearly I seem to be missing something.

Later,
JP