K.S. Bhaskar via plug on 28 Aug 2020 14:14:40 -0700

[PLUG] How to celebrate a half century of computing?

Next month, it will be 50 years since I wrote my first computer program (FORTRAN IV punched cards to calculate the roots of a quadratic equation, running on an IBM 1620 Model 1). I'm trying to think of what might be a good way to celebrate, since the odds are against my being around to celebrate the full century…

Regards
– Bhaskar

P.S. In response to a discussion on another thread about code more than 10 years old, code I wrote in 1979-81 is still operational, as far as I know, and will continue to be used as long as the Boeing 757 and 767 keep flying, as it is used to test the Rockwell-Collins radio altimeter used in those aircraft. But it is burned into a ROM (all 48KiB of it), so it's not a fair answer.