Walt Mankowski via plug on 29 Aug 2020 12:08:35 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Can I use these 2 sets of DIMMs together?

Update -— someone has pointed out to me that the original RAM is DDR3L and the new RAM is DDR3. As far as I can tell this is only an issue for Intel CPUs, and mine is AMD. The motherboard manual and box don't even mention DDR3L. Also DDR3L is supposed to be backwards compatible with DDR3.

So it looks like they might be OK to mix. I'm still a bit nervous about opening up the package and trying though…

Walt