Rich Freeman via plug on 4 Oct 2020 18:21:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Distcc

Ugh, top-posting.  Who does that?

I'll go ahead and give a cryptic response with a mix of top/bottom
posting to demonstrate why it is bad...

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:41 PM Michael Lazin via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> As painful as it is, if you actually compile it on the machine you are going to run it on, it will be compiled specifically for that hardware and you will have a performance boost you will not get from cross-compiling with generic flags.

It is a good thing then that I didn't suggest using generic flags.
You don't have to use generic flags to use distcc.  You just can't use
-march=native.

--
Rich