Walt Mankowski via plug on 29 Oct 2020 14:29:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Copying files to multiple volumes

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. I don't need a bit-by-bit
copy of a drive; I want to copy a zillion subdirectories.

What I ended up doing is loading the output of `df -b --max-depth=1`
into a spreadsheet. I found a cutoff a little below the free space on
the external drive, then wrote a shell script to rsync the first 20,000 or so
subdirectories to the hard drive.

In other words, just dumb brute force.