Rich Kulawiec via plug on 1 Dec 2020 01:36:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] IoT Unravelled: parts 1 to 5

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 05:26:13PM -0500, Rich Freeman via plug wrote:

[ an apt observation, elided ]

> I'd love to see security for IoT stuff, but it just seems like this is
> the sort of thing the government often gets wrong.

Indeed.  "IoT security" is an oxymoron and is highly likely to remain
so indefinitely.  We've been discussing this on the "dumpsterfire"
mailing list for some time and it's both abundantly and depressingly
clear that all IoT devices are pre-compromised at the factory.

---rsk