Thomas Delrue via plug on 15 Feb 2021 07:33:17 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Where to Buy Nerd Stuff

On 2/15/21 09:45, Casey Bralla via plug wrote:
> Jeff Bezos has waaaaay too much money, so I am constantly trying to find
> other than Amazon places to buy things.
>
> I'm interested in getting an ESP32-CAM system, and Amazon
> (unfortunately) seems like the best place to get it.
>
> I usually buy my computer gear from New Egg, but don't have a good
> supplier for arduinos, ESP32, IC sockets, LED displays, etc, etc,
>
> Would anyone care to recommend a good place for nerd supplies?

Not sure if this is the same thing you are looking for but...:
https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntt=ESP32-CAM

Typically, Microcenter has a good selection of Pi, Arduino, and random
electronics stuff (and of course your usual computer materials).
Although it looks like the PA microcenter doesn't have this particular
in stock right now. However, for future reference:
	550 East Lancaster Avenue
	St. Davids Square
	St. Davids, PA 19087
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/511117185

Another favorite of mine is Fry's (www.frys.com) but they don't seem to
have what you need at all.

As an aside: keep in mind that one of the reasons that Bezos has so much
money is scale: "he" can afford to make only 0.01 per sold gadget
because he sells billions of them and that's how cumul works. And scale
invites greater scale...
Other, more desirable, vendors may need to pursue a higher margin in
order to be sustainable. Sometimes voting with your wallet involves
paying a little extra to give the other guy a little boost in the back...