Walt Mankowski via plug-announce via plug on 6 Mar 2021 07:16:19 -0800

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Mar 9 - PLUG North - "C:: The Good Parts" by Walt Mankowski (7pm online)

PLUG North will be meeting on Tuesday, March 9, beginning at 7pm. The
meeting will be online. Details are at the bottom of the email.

This month, PLUG welcomes back Walt Mankowski. Walt will be giving a talk
entitled "C++: The Good Parts".

  In discussions after last month's PLUG North meeting I felt that C++
  was being unjustly maligned. While it's true that there's bad stuff
  in C++ (just like all programming languages), there are also a bunch
  of great features that I believe make C++ a far superior language to
  C. In this talk I'll go over some of my favorites.

We'll be using Jitsi Meet, a free and open source videoconferencing
platform, for the meeting. The meeting will start at 7 PM. The talk
will start at 7:15. Q&A and general chat will follow the talk.

You can access the meeting online at

https://meet.jit.si/PLUGNorthMarch2021

Jitsi Meet also has apps for iOS and Android. If you decide to
use one of those apps, use meeting code "PLUGNorthMarch2021".