Eric S. Raymond via plug on 21 May 2021 09:36:17 -0700

[PLUG] Looking for Model M, Model F, and beam-spring keyboards

Some of you may already be aware that I'm a fan of the IBM Model M,
the (now old-fashioned) buckling-spring keyboard that shipped with
IBM PCs before about 1998. You might even remember the Tactile
Keyboards community that I moderated until Google klled off G++.

Recently I've been getting deeper into serious keyboard geekery and am
ready to try my hand at restoration and modding.  Accordingly, I'm on
the lookout for Model Ms, Model Fs, and the much rarer beam-spring
keyboards from before 1981.

If you know of any of these keyboards sitting unused in basements,
closets, or recycling centers please pass me the word.  They're
too good to be left to rust; I'll either restore them myself or
pass them on to other enthusiasts who can put them to use.

If you're not sure you're looking at one of the kinds I'm after, just
ask yourself "Is this keyboard rugged enough that in the event of a
zombie apocalypse I could beat the zombies to death with it and keep
typing?"  If the answer is "yes", I probably want it.