JP Vossen via plug on 9 Jul 2021 14:25:57 -0700

[PLUG] OT: Blog: Some quick notes on SDR

The Hams on the list may find this interesting:

https://blog.erratasec.com/2021/07/some-quick-notes-on-sdr.html
----
Some quick notes on SDR
Author Robert Graham

I'm trying to create perfect screen captures of SDR to explain the world of radio around us. In this blogpost, I'm going to discuss some of the imperfect captures I'm getting, specifically, some notes about WiFi and Bluetooth.

An SDR is a "software defined radio" which digitally samples radio waves and uses number crunching to decode the signal into data. Among the simplest thing an SDR can do is look at a chunk of spectrum and see signal strength. This is shown below, where I'm monitoring part of the famous 2.4 GHz pectrum used by WiFi/Bluetooth/microwave-ovens:
----

Later,
JP