Rich Freeman via plug on 4 Aug 2021 12:12:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Recommendation for NAS with Solid State Drives

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 1:10 PM Keith C. Perry via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> To give a personal experience... you've probably seen me and others clamor away about LizardFS (or other network storage systems).

If your goal is IOPS I'd probably more seriously consider Ceph, as
that is what just about everybody else seems to be doing in this
space. I do like LizardFS, but I'm not using it for IOPS.  If you
didn't care about IOPS, then I'm not sure why you're using SSD in the
first place.

Getting really serious IOPS is unfortunately probably not going to be
easy on consumer hardware as PCIe lanes become a bottleneck.  You're
also going to want dual 10GbE most likely as well.

Ultimately though it really depends on your performance requirements,
which depends on the application/etc.

--
Rich