Walt Mankowski via plug on 6 Aug 2021 06:25:36 -0700

[PLUG] Removing "zombie" icons from the gnome shell dock

I run Ubuntu 20.04 at work. Yesterday I was running Matlab on one of
our servers using an ssh tunnel (ssh -Y). I didn't quit Matlab before
I left, and overnight my ssh session timed out, which of course killed
Matlab as well.

Somehow this morning I have 4 Matlab icons in my gnome dock. Double
clicking on them does nothing. Right-clicking gives me an option to
quit, which also does nothing. I've also tried dragging the icons out
of the dock, to no avail.

Is there any way to remove these "zombie" icons from my dock?

Walt