Casey Bralla via plug on 22 Nov 2021 02:25:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Mountain Everest Keyboards

FYI.  I asked Mountain if their keyboard was compatible with Linux.  Here is my question and their response:

I want to use the Mountain Everest keyboard on a Linux system.  I
thought I would program the keyboard on a Windows 10 computer, then plug
it into a Linux computer for regular use.

Will this work?  Will the lighting and button programming be stored in
the keyboard, or does the keyboard have top be continually connected to
a Windows 10 PC to work?

Thanks!

And their response:

Our Mountain Everest Max is compatible for Linux, but for configurating profiles a windows computer

is needed for our Base Camp software.

The profiles will be stored on the keyboard directly, and can be accessed via FN+1,2,3,4,5.

on a Linux system without the Base Camp software.