JP Vossen via plug on 5 Dec 2021 12:50:30 -0800

[PLUG] Thoughts on MySQL from a developer

Here are some thoughts on MySQL from a developer that just left Oracle and the MySQL team.  They are...interesting.

http://blog.sesse.net/blog/tech/2021-12-05-16-41_leaving_mysql.html

I wasn't surprised that the code was "not good" but I *was* surprised at how not good it was and the flat out statement: "MySQL is a pretty poor database, and you should strongly consider using Postgres instead."  I've never quite understood how MySQL got the mindshare it did, but there are an awful lot of projects that Just Work with MySQL and either don't work or require contortions for Postgres.  Given a choice I'd always go Postgres.

Later,
JP