Rich Freeman via plug on 20 Dec 2021 17:58:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Running out of disk space?

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 4:57 PM Martin Cracauer via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Also, systemd sucks.  It should never hang without diagnostics like
> that.

In my experience it is pretty verbose unless you tell it not to be.  I
have pre/post mount messages anytime something is mounted in my logs,
so you shouldn't just get something that just says a device is clean
without any output before/after.

Of course, it is possible that systemd isn't doing the mounting
directly, and distros can adjust the verbosity of it.  If you tell
systemd to be quiet then you can't complain when it is quiet.

All we have is one line of the entire bootup process, so it is hard to
say what is going on, or even if systemd is even in use.  For all we
know this is an initramfs that isn't even running systemd failing to
mount root.

--
Rich