Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 25 Jan 2022 15:14:19 -0800

[PLUG] Funny publicly available Unix humor text remembered recently

Maybe copyright hasn't quite expired but one of the editors posted it
on his MIT page so I assume it's not just piracy:

https://web.mit.edu/~simsong/www/ugh.pdf

"The Unix-Hater's Handbook" is one of those works where it shows
you're a real connoisseur of Unix operating systems if you read it and
still find it funny despite being a comedy roast of the software you
use (or used years ago). It also shows how much we should be grateful
for efforts like the GNU project and the Linux and various BSD kernels
that made using these things much less of an abject nightmare.

On a somewhat related note, editor Simson Garfinkel co-wrote "The
Computer Book: From the Abacus to Artificial Intelligence, 250
Milestones in the History of Computer Science", which is kind of a
nice coffee table sort of book:

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Book-Artificial-Intelligence-Milestones-ebook/dp/B07C2NQSPV