JP Vossen via plug on 30 Jan 2022 12:10:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] privacy, security

On 1/29/22 20:14, jeffv via plug wrote:
Didja ever start looking at Firefox, realizing it can be improved, for privacy?
Didja ever study this and find some settings and extensions to make it happen?
Didja ever make it more privacy-intensive than Private Mode?
Didja ever work for two weeks, with a few interesting tabs up for later processing?
Didja ever sit there while the dog jumps in your lap, dances on your laptop, and somehow manages to close FF, ridding you of all that work, because FF won't remember a single thing when it closes?

Me either.
Except for last night.
My feet are full of holes, from shooting myself there.

I hate it when that happens, so I wrote: https://github.com/vossenjp/utils/blob/main/ff-sess.sh

No guarantee, except (wait for it) "it works for me."  You run it from cron and it does its thing, then on the rare times when FF crashes and stuff doesn't Just Come Back, you DOWN FF and restore either manually or using the menu.  I'm not sure how it will react to Jeff's even-more-paranoid-than-my config, but...it's something.  In some ways it will defeat the kill-it-all-on-close settings, but the data are out-of-reach of the browser unless restored, and I assume some kind of disk or $HOME encryption at rest.

Later,
JP