Eric Lucas via plug on 4 Mar 2022 14:51:16 -0800

[PLUG] Central discussion: follow up

At Wednesday's meeting I asked if there was anything special I needed to do to install an nvme card+drive in my workstation. I was assured that nvme drivers were in the kernel and should "just work".

I can confirm that was the case!

It took me a minute to ascertain that it was there because I was looking for /dev/sd<something> when I should have been looking for /dev/nvme0 and more specifically nvme0n1.

It appears ( via: hdparm -T /dev/nvme0n1 ) to be about 3x faster than the root SATA SSD I have installed now. I will install the OS on this card after (K)Ubuntu 21.04 is released.

Thanks again y'all!
Eric Lucas