Will via plug on 5 Apr 2022 08:29:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Alternatives to Dropbox on Linux

What I'm starting to use: https://www.storj.io/

Nice part, it allows me to programmatically back up or use object storage cheaper than s3 (for the storage part).

-Will C

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 11:23 AM Walt Mankowski via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 01:51:04PM +0000, Rev. LeRoy Cressy via plug wrote:
> Have you tried MEGASync?  https://mega.io/ it used to be mega.nz.  They
> offer 20GB for free storage and they offer other options.  I'm not a
> fan of cloud services or trust them, but they far superior to google
> drive.  All Linux distributions have a megasync package.

I haven't tried it, but it was already suggested earlier in the
thread. It sounds good, but to be honest I no longer feel the need to
look into alternatives now that I got Dropbox working again.

Walt