jeffv via plug on 15 Apr 2022 08:42:19 -0700

[PLUG] LibreWolf, Xubuntu, building for linux

LibreWolf vs Firefox: Comparing the Privacy Heroes of Open-Source Browsers

https://itsfoss.com/librewolf-vs-firefox/

After reading, LibreWolf looks like Firefox, after what we hopefully did to it. Settings are defaulted for privacy and security. If you want the 'good' defaults without entering them, go for it (like DuckDuck vs Google for default search). Also: they're not kidding when they say some adjustments won't allow pages to display.

Xubuntu 22.04 LTS – New Features

https://www.debugpoint.com/2022/04/xubuntu-22-04-lts/

The default file manager Thunar 4.16.10 adds several performance improvements, including regression fixes, translation updates and under the hood changes. Although while scanning the changelog, I could not find anything substantial to report which is visible to the user. But if you are interested, you can read the NEWS file in detail here. https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/4.16/

err...umm.... so not a ton here.
But on older hardware, it runs fast.
And on newer hardware, it runs faster.
And you can customize the hell out of the GUI.

How to Build a New PC For Linux

https://www.maketecheasier.com/build-new-pc-for-linux/