K.S. Bhaskar via plug on 16 Apr 2022 13:25:31 -0700

[PLUG] Does WPS work with Wifi extenders?

I need to replace a motion-sensing exterior light, and I'm considering getting one with a camera that connects via Wifi. It acquires Wifi credentials via WPS. Since the location is outside the range of my main access point, I will need to get an extender. Since the extender would not have a WPS button, is it the case that pressing the WPS button on the access point will allow the camera to connect with the extender? Or do I need to keep looking to find an extender that has its own WPS button?

Thank you very much.

Regards
– Bhaskar