jeffv via plug on 12 May 2022 10:52:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Medical Open Source Problem, Nvidia open source

On 5/12/22 13:11, Chad Waters wrote:

Medical device security is my wheel house. I can go on forever on the subject, but I'll type up a quick primer:

Thanks for the info. Good stuff.

It's part of my wheelhouse too, and it scares the hell out of me.
The SBOM looks like a good solution, however..... it's an additional step/change and mfgrs have proven they don't give a rip. Complaining about OSS security is funny- Windows, anyone? 100 issues fixed this cycle.

We. Do. Not. Learn.
It's almost an active statement.
Ransomware is a perfect example. It's an epidemic now, yet so many just don't care or can't spare resources or won't patch or..... It's in the news. A 150+ year college just shut down, ransomware being the final straw. Hospitals (1 death). Entire cities. Knowledge of it isn't hiding.

Next up: autos. Because we won't learn, we're going to have the same problems. Remote hacks have already been demonstrated.

Iot: the world's largest, slow-moving train wreck.

My opinion, obviously.