Walt Mankowski via plug on 18 Jul 2022 12:22:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] HPLIP printing

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022, at 12:56 PM, jeffv via plug wrote:
This is going to be short on details, because I have the attention span
and retention of a pregnant gnat.

I’m not entomologist, but it’s always seemed to me that gnats are highly focused when they’re flying around my head trying to bite me. Maybe they’re all the non-pregnant ones though.

Possibly after the upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04, I couldn't print. The print
queue told me it printed; "Trust but verify" showed nothing in the
printer tray.

I downloaded latest hplip and tried to install, but it told me I had no
(python3? gtk?) and quit.  I tried again today and it told me I had no
libtool and libtool-bin (yes I did). It offered to uninstall the
previous version, tried to install the current one, detected the
printer, then errored out.

I printed a test page just fine.
So try hplip upgrade if you can't print.

ymmv

I’ve had very similar experiences with hplip. Sometimes it helps to create a new “printer” with the same settings as the old one. I don’t know why that would work, but it did, at least once, because printers.

Walt