Casey Bralla via plug on 9 Sep 2022 01:43:07 -0700

[PLUG] Slow Monitor Power Up

I've got multiple monitors on my computer, and I usually put the system
into sleep mode when I leave it.   This is nice because it comes back to
life quickly with just a wiggle of the mouse.

However, sometimes when I return, one of the monitors will not power up
quickly enough and my system thinks that the monitor does not exist.
(The monitors are not all the same brand, and 1 takes significantly
longer to come up to power than the others.)  Then I'm left with 2
active monitors and 1 big blank area.

I'd like to be able to trigger the system to wait a bit longer, but I
don't know how Linux determines that a monitor is available.  There's
probably a setting somewhere in the bowels of X server that control this.

Anybody know how to adjust this?

TIA!