LeRoy Cressy via plug on 27 Sep 2022 06:01:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox 105 is unusable for me

On 9/26/22 22:47, JP Vossen via plug wrote:
> Like the subject says Firefox 105 is unusable for me because it pegs my CPU all the time.  It's supposed to be better, but is MUCH worse and has made my work VM effectively useless.  Note I always have a huge number of tabs open, and that has been working great up until 105.
>
> I just installed `firefox_105.0.1+linuxmint1+*` and that didn't help.

> Looks like FF 92 in https://web.archive.org/web/20210924130014/http://packages.linuxmint.com/pool/upstream/f/firefox/, but nothing newer.
>
> Does anyone have those files in cache?  Or have a clue where on the internet I can find them again?
>
> Thanks,
> JP
I personally use Arch Linux which has a lot of packages that you have to
compile yourself.  Personally, I like GNU Icecat which uses the ESR
(Eric S. Raymond) version of firefox.  The current version uses
102.3.0esr version of firefox.  I think that there probably is a icecat
package for Debian based systems.

--
  Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
  mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

   /\_/\
  ( o.o )
   > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Telegram:
     (My Main Channel)
	https://t.me/RevLeRoy